Translate

Friday 23 April 2010

Planting seedlings, Popovo & Work!

Have started to transplant seedlings to where I want them to be. Last year we noticed some seedlings just appear where the carrots strawberries & parsnips were planted, I dug a load up & went to UK for my step sons wedding. On returning home we noticed that mary (our friend who house sits) had weeded but left these now small bushy plants in place, so we waited to see what would happen & were delighted to find we had lovely bushes of prolific flowers that only opened in the sun & had a lovely smell. This year I have planted the seeds we collected but noticed today lots of seedlings again where the Parsnip was so I am digging them up & putting them around the garden in the hope that we will eventuallt fill it with these lovely big WEEDS! I have also been given seeds for other weeds here in the UK these weeds would be feature plants & cost a fortune in garden centres. My friend Pat dug up one such plant for me last year it grows really quite tall & has long catkin type flowers on it. It's really a beautiful plant & I hope to get lots of them too!

The skimming of the wall did not go as planned the plaster must have been out of date as it went off in about 10 mins!!!! Oh dear, but we just got a phone call from kareena who has been trying to get here since last Sunday but due to volcanic ash just managed it now hooray but has only two days before she has to leave for Turkey to catch flight to UK, BOOOOOO.
So we are now off to Popovo to put a plan of action together with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment