Translate

Monday 26 April 2010

Owe, Oohh, Painting the Ceiling!

Then.......
This is after Nigel has sealed the gaps. The wood has expanded over the years & the insulation falls through the gaps & we get lots of webs! the insulation is mud & hay & works well but is messy

Ugh, the hall is very small, so why does it take so much blooming energy? Gonna be at least two coats & it has taken 2 hours, minus a bit of chatting to hubby on the phone, to do the first! the roller is not making a good job so I have had to paint the first coat by brush.  I hate ceilings, I am so short I have to perch precariously on ladders & crick my neck, get paint in my eyes & on my face & with Trigger Thumb using my right hand is difficult & hurts & using my left is difficult! Now both my hands hurt my neck hurts & both arms ache!!! Well I think that was a rant! :D
It's already looking better though so at least I can see a difference. I think its going to take an extra day though more with the doors but I don't count them lol, I will paint them when I have finished walls hopefully tomorrow will see an end to that then I can do doors Wednesday or Thursday, whatever, by the end of the week I will have at least a respectable hallway :D
I think I'm going to look for the step stool & see if I can do the ceiling standing on them, they may be better, or not but I will try.
I hope the blooming water comes on tonight as I am splattered with paint!
Right Rant over will finish coffee break & go do 2nd coat.

And Now.......

Finished!!!!  A good job jobbed I think!

I am cream krackered now.
It's times like this I wish I was taller but its finished & I am pleased with the result. So tomorrow I am doing the walls, I can't do them today as I can't wash the brushes etc :D

No comments:

Post a Comment