Translate

Friday 16 July 2010

Maja, Reggie, Stgla's, Dobre Komshu's & Tour of Front Gradena

Well the sun is well & truly back, I just need to get rid of my Komshu's so I can relax in & by the pool. I am sitting under the grapes typing this in blistering heat shaded from the sun while Anatas & Kamilla are moving the stigla's (roof tiles) into one of the pig houses out of the way. Problem being there is a wasp nest in there somewhere, hopefully its not too big so it can be dealt with easily with my four cans of Killstop! I am amazed they are doing this as they as with most villagers are afraid of everything, they are constantly on the look out for snakes which we do get here mostly harmless. Now I understand that, but when he was calling me while holding a long stick at arms length I thought oh he has a snake, no he had a SLUG on the end!!





Atanas & kamilla outside their kushte which is next door to my dom









As an aside, I have just been bitten by a cricket!!!! Didn't think they bit????? she climbed nicely onto my finger & I was chatting away then down came this thing & bit me, little bugger I did contemplate squishing it but I am not that cruel & will give her the benefit of the doubt & let her off, blame it on hormones!!!

Anatas & Kamilla are on their third day of rabota for me & they are carrying four roof tiles at a time, well these babies are blooming heavy & two would be the norm so that tells you how strong the women are. Kamilla is only a slip of a woman too. She is the one he sends up tree's & onto roofs while he directs operations from down below hahaha! I will be pleased to see the back of them booming things & they will be out of sight, always a good thing where building materials are concerned!
So stigla moving completed in 2 hours, brilliant & NO wasp nest!!!!! So now would be a brilliant time to get the pebbles which we are going to fill that area with but no Nigel so it won't be finished now till next year :-(
Never mind at least for a short while I won't be swallowed up by the weeds! I have asked them to finish today & come back on Ponedelnik (Monday) & they are going to clear part of the paddock.
I am so impressed by my neighbours work ethic & will be using them from now on!!!!
The temp in the sun by the pool is 48c not too shaby hey :D  !!!!!

So to my new arrival....... Maja (pronounced Maia)  a cross Karakachan/German Shepherd so a real mix of Sophie & Reggie :)
She is a very poorly little girl only 8 months old but with a degenerative bone disease which could leave her paralysed! So we have to be very careful with her & try & nurse her through this. There is no cure but it is hoped with a raw diet & homeopathic medicine her bones may form normally. She cannot wear a collar or lead as her neck is a major problem & can result in paralysis she has to wear a harness. This is going to be a major challenge & she may end up having an operation anyway but I think it is not possible to do this at her age. I think Maja may become the star of my blogs!  She is a real beauty, I am waiting for the BSAPP to find a volunteer to get her here then I will blog some photo's I just hope we can provide her with a home she will be pleased to call her own!!!
On the subject of dogs Reggie has been having lots of long brushes every day & we are gradually getting rid of his dred's  but Sophie & he were having a rough & tumble this morning & his stump got knocked again & bled! Ooooooooh just when I thought we were on the home strait AGAIN so now I have to wait again till it has calmed down before I start messing with his rump end.
So Reggie is 3/4 beautiful. Michelle who is part of the BSAPP the organisation I get my dogs through is hopefully getting me a muzzle so I can put a homeopathic solution on him to help heal his stump & heal his skin I will also bath him too he still pen & ink's then I can get the rest of his fur brushed & sorted hopefully.







All three of my dogs are rescue dogs, it's the only way to go here in Bulgaria I think.











There are so many beauties on the streets & in the centre. Dogs that need love & a good home, some that need to be nursed back to health. They are always looking for adoptive families & also which is a great idea foster families long or short term so while they are looking for adoptive parents the dog can have some love & comfort. Also the centre gets over full. Sophie was on death row in the Sophia Isolator beaten tortured & left to die in a place that is paid by the government to keep her safe! Reggie was advertised by them while being looked after by a fantastic person, Steffy saved his life & now Maja..........
I took some photo's of the outside today as it's sooo quiet here and this is why.....
My Street My house is on the right

If you continue up here you will come out into the middle of the countryside with lovely views!
 Love it here so quiet & with the gate shut it's my own little world & only the people I want part of it are part of it. Then if I want to mix I just go for a walk & meet people!
You can't see much of my house from the street just the top storey & then only in certain places :D

My front gate flanked either side by cherry trees & a Lilac tree


One of my many pear tree's, it's huge & all the pears are on the top half, so being 5' tall even with my trusty fruit picker there is no way I will get any this year & the Pears in the paddock are rubbish this year :-(
I don't think I could even get Kamilla to get them, watch this space :-)




As you come through my gate on the right is my front vegetable garden with the Tomatoes, Peppers, Beans, Cuecumbers, Beets, More Pumpkins, Fig & Pear.
Beyond that my Grape Vines

I also have Cauliflower & Broccoli but I don't know if they will give me florets!

First line are shrubs & flowers as you walk down the path under part of my vineyard

 
 
 
 
 On the left the area is quite shaded there is an Apple tree & next doors fruit trees give shade as well as my large bush & cherry so the Kostinorka's spend time here.
 
 
 
 
We have built a water feature with a waterfall, the sound is lovely a nice break of the silence!
We put it in for all the frogs & babies we get but they dont use it, I even built steps so they could get out as well as for the Kostinorka just in case as they do like a dip, not that I have every seen them!
 
 









Outside Dining table











One of my Castor oil plants, can't wait for the flowers they are spectacular!!! 











Breakfast area under the shade of some grape vines










Some of the ruined vines its about 50/50 right now, lets hope they are OK!
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment