Translate

Friday 9 July 2010

Day 42 Poor Little Kizzy Plums,Naughty Sophie, Blah Blah Blah!

On Monday I went to one of my other houses to scrump some plums. I thought I snuck out the gate, but no, Sophie saw me & decided she was coming too so as she was obviously a champion race dog in her other life within seconds she had jumped the fence gone through into next doors property & was by my side in seconds, basically the time it took to turn the key & check it was locked!!!!!

My other house, we call it the blue house (see if you can guess why) is one min away :) when we got there a poor little dog was on the roof it was in a terrible state! I thought as you would that she had climbed up somehow so looked for the way up so I could encourage her down but no such way that I can see & from her pitiful cries I don’t think she got herself stuck up there, Sophie was no help! I tried & tried but no avail, so I came back here to pick plums, as everyone was having siesta & went round to Yovo's later when they were awake to ask for help & a ladder.


While picking the plums Boris one of my year old kittens came to see me & romp & play. Sophie had refused to come home, she is a very disobedient girl, so I never gave any thought to her. Next thing Boris is trying to jump the barn roof & fell then he is running like a maniac with Sophie hot on his heels. She almost got him too! Poor boy was frantic but managed to escape her clutches. Now I am not sure what would happen. The stupid thing is before Reggie she lived in the house with the cats who weren’t happy with her being here but put up with her & would hide. Saskia the mum would smack her if Sophie got too close & growled the cats growled at her (yes cats growl). Since Reggie has been here she goads him on & chases them mercifully!!! I was so annoyed with her completely ignoring me I chained her up outside the kitchen door for a while, bit like a kiddies time out :D

It was also good to see my friend Lisa & her daughter Rebecca in the morning. They have been in UK for 3 weeks holiday, the first time they had been back since moving out herealmost two years ago! Good to have coffee & catch up!

Well what an evening I had, I went to Yovo's to get help, thought ladders + 2 men = one dog rescue, Ne!!!!
First I have to await Anton’s return from magazine, & while I wait I have to eat, managed to turn down Rakia but had strong Bulgarian coffee. Then I get taken round all the veggies, then I have to give English lesson! Oh they can be very annoying sometimes!

So Anton returns then when he is ready we go to the house to get dog. Now I don’t quite know what happened in translation but I think Anton thought it was for Sophie. When he saw this poor little emaciated dog he started throwing stones at he & hit her at least twice!!! When I shouted at him & told him Ne he got his ladders & stormed off home with Yovo following behind :(

Well I didn’t know what to do, the Bulgarians are all scared of dogs doesn't matter how small they are. They all own dogs for protection of property but they do not interact with them or have them in the house.

By this time I am in tears & completely devastated, I phoned someone I knew in another village who is mad on dogs hoping they may help. After 20 mins David & Neville arrived with a ladder to rescue her! By this time it is getting late & the poor little thing is scared & lying low after being hurt by Anton. David tried coaxing her from different sides of the roof but to no avail. I was sent home to get dog food & bread & with David perched on the side of a tree trunk he was able to throw her bits of bread & then dry dog food which she demolished, bless her. Then I was sent to get water (Don’t know why I didn’t think if that the first time) which again she lapped up, poor little girl. Anyway to cut a very long story short right on the last knockings when it was starting to get dark David managed to grab her & we carried her back here to my house.



I was very concerned how Reggie would be with her but he was fine in fact they both loved her to bits & fussed over her loads, she too really liked them, so all good.


She was very wary of me but after lots of fuss, food, water, more cuddles she was all waggy bum :D
By the time I went to bed & gave her, her supper she was telling Reggie off, poor Reg gets bossed around by all the women!
I spoke to Nigel via FB chat & we named her Kizzy, short for kismet Bulgarian for fate, as it was Nigel’s birthday we felt it was fitting!
In the morning she was all waggy bum smiley face wolfed down her breakfast told Reggie off haha & was a lot better than the night before :D

I went off to Strazhitsa on Tuesday at 8am with Yovo Anton & a woman that did not stop talking extremely loudly for the whole 45 min trip there & again all the way back. This actually caused me to have a headache for the rest of the day that was unshakable :(
So after going to the hospital for Yovo to have a blood test then shopping then going to hospital for results then back here, no coffee or walking round market :( I come home to be greeted by Sophie, Reggie & Kizzy is GONE! I hope she is ok, but I am not going to tie up my dogs, they get tangled up etc. I am thinking along the lines if she needs us she knows where we are! Bulgarian street or abandoned dogs are a bit stupid & some don't realise when they are being saved! I hope she turns up then at least I can feed her!
 
 
Have spent all week picking plums & making jam & compote for Autumn Winter. It has worn me out, the tree's are so tall I have had to use the fruit picker, which is on a huge expandable pole, to get them. this in turn leads to neck ache, back ache, arm ache, haha everything ache! Plus I have been bitten by spiders fly's ants mozzies you name it they have all had a piece of me this week, I have lumps & bumps everywhere. Big lumps that feel like part of my leg & arm bones Ouch!!! Not to mention earwigs down my cleavage & spiders etc in my hair Ugh!!!! still worth it & I feel very happy with the results. I have finally cracked the jam making, I was over cooking it in the pan. I expected it to be thick, Stupid!!!!!!! I have made loads as it is really delicious & I have made loads of jars of compote Mmmmm
 
  The weather is really miserable not normal for Bulgaria, it has rained almost constantly for the last two & a half days! I think the UK has our weather & we have theirs so I am hoping we will get a late running summer with dry warm weather through to January, yes it does happen like that here! It doesn't help when your trying to keep positive & upbeat about things.
 
Nigel is going to have to stay longer in uk! Just when I thought we were on the home run we are now back at the starting post :(
I have always known it could be a possibility so I am not surprised but obviously I am very disappointed!
We need to know there is a job from when he gets back to Bulgaria & we have both emailed the people who he is supposed to be driving for, but with no reply, we can't risk Nigel handing in his notice till we know for sure so he will now be there till the end of August, unless something miraculous happens! :(
Winter would be a much better time as all I would need is plenty of chopped wood & a freezer full of food. No one goes anywhere in the winter & I think it's worse in the summer as we would be out together even after he had been out working all day, therefore I miss him more at this time of year! Mind you easy to say doing it is another thing entirely! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment