Translate

Thursday 19 August 2010

Overcaste, Cooking, Hot burnie Chilli Another Day Down

Well today is overcast, thank goodness, so I am taking the opportunity to pickle the garlic & make some chutney, recipes are on my food blog. So I picked the first of my chilies, oh that’s if you don't count the one Kamilla picked & ate seeds & all, nearly blew her head off hahaha. That’s how I knew they were particularly hot as she loves them & is used to them here so I guess if they are too hot for her they must be far too hot for me! i cut 5 small chilies from the plants & didn’t think anything of it till I washed them then my face started to burn in one place! I realised it must be the chilli so I washed my hands & face, but as I sit here typing this my hands are burning. I haven’t even cut them yet :-( think I need to wear latex gloves. The ones I have picked some are for the pickled garlic & some for chutney, I'm not used to chilli this hot, ooh err!


It's still flipping hot though 32c but better than it has been as we have cloud cover. Knowing my luck it will rain tomorrow as I want to go to Gorna to mooch round the market, you know do something normal & girlie, it's been a long time since I have done anything or gone anywhere just to mooch. Oh I miss shopping lunches & coffee shops with my girls!!! :-( When we lived in Bognor Regis we had the beach & a small town all within two minuets of each other. When I left my first husband & rented a lovely Victorian flat the beach was at one end of my road & the town the other I was literally 2 mins from both the best of both worlds, I miss Bognor for the very quaint town but mostly my lovely beach. I loved sitting there in the midst of a storm wind so strong it blew us off our feet just trying to get there then watching the lightening out at sea. Then the summer walking along the sea shore to go shopping for food or to see the doctor, it took away the mundaness of everything! now why did I go back to there, oh yes missing my girls & shopping trips! I have just realised I haven’t been on a beach with any of my grandchildren :-(
We moved here from Worcester in the midlands its a lovely market town, well city, but its a city pretending to be a town haha lets say a flipping big town with a cathedral which is what classes it as a city. It still has a village mentality & that’s what I like! I also love the history & the way it has restored all the old buildings even the shops are really ancient. I had a shop in the road where King Charles hid from Cromwell. With cobbled streets the river Severn at the end of the road, oh I loved it there sad I have no reason to go there again now! So back on the subject lets hope it doesn’t rain tomorrow so I can get out for some fun.

Right thats another day down, this week seems to have gone quite quickly maybe its because I have spoken to Nigel, my step son Seany, my daughter Rhea & last but certainly not least my lovely little Molly Moo, it helps, also with it being so hot I have been very tired & so I slept more ;D

Tomorrow is my mums 86th birthday, if your Balinese its her 87th :D We are very happy that she is still with us as we practically lost her a while back but she defied all logic & the doctors, she is very strong my mum!!!! It's great that Nigel has been able to see her every other weekend while he has been in Uk. She lives in Hastings so it's a long old treck to see her but it's been great for them both & Seany has been most times too enjoying running on the cliffs that overlook the sea, I miss my Mum :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment