Translate

Wednesday 18 August 2010

82 Days Down... 74 To Go, Kamishka, Heatwave, Too Hot To Cope, Falling Down Water

Phew, it’s been hot, hot, hot everyday now all but one in the 50c area off the thermometers, yes I have more than one lol.
I love the heat & sun but it has kept me indoors more than a couple of times, todat included. I think because it has been constant day in day out with nights at 28c & sleeping with difficulty, the fan going all night, takes its toll & I am exhausted! Once again I am so pleased that at this time I am not raising livestock!!!  Friends of mine have livestock & Veggie patches it must be really difficult. I have done no gardening or housework & my cooking & baking days have not happened!!!

So day 82, thats 3 months :-(  I have passed the halfway mark, woopwoop, & now the countdown really begins! I still won’t be surprised if Nigel ends up stuck there longer so I am not counting my chickens just yet but if this happens I don’t want to know till nearer the time as I will cope better if I only have a couple of weeks to go instead of adding the extra to say 4 weeks as 6 weeks is such a long time. So I am looking at the moment at just over 10 weeks now. I am finding it difficult still but not impossible I would rather Nige was here as its such a good life with him in it but everything seems empty without him! I find myself looking forward to next year when he will be here to share things with. I know, well at least hope he will be out working but that’s ok, that’s normal I get to share my day with him over dinner or with friends. It’s not the same and anyone who has a partner working away will know some of what I mean its made harder by not having any family here or close friends  but as I say I am coping a dam site better than most people would if they were left completely alone with only a smattering of an alien language. Makes for some fun on occasion haha!

I can’t wait till November except then we will be heading in for the winter & I am not looking forward to that from then on we all are just waiting for April to come. This winter should be better as we will be better prepared with a four wheel drive car & able to get out & about! I just hope this winter is like the 2008-2009
which was sun sun sun the whole way through & crisp & dry!!! We had to wear our sunnies the whole time! Last winter was the worst wet grey misserable & coldest for a very long time. We had snow for months as it started here begining Dec then when we went to UK for xmas it snowed there the whole time then we came home & it snowed or stayed the whole way through, a very long cold winter!!!! We crashed the car on the ice & the van is really bad in snow so I was stuck in the house for months!
I got the bus into Gorna again last week to meet my friend Lisa & her daughter Rebecca for coffee, then a shopping trip in kaufland. It was really nice spending time with them, but oh my goodness it was sooo hot!!!!! The bus was a new, well newish one with proper aircon nice seats & was the drivers pride & joy, it was also cheaper than our normal jalopy by 70 stot which is quite a bit normal price 4lv this was 3,70lv but it didn’t handle the roads as well as the jalopy! Still nice to get out of village, I'm going on Friday this week so I can mooch around the market.
My next door neighbours have been coming round for café in the mornings. They are desperate for work & we have said when Nigel gets work if he needs a help then we will give them the job of labourer which they are very pleased about but Atanas cannot understand that no he cannot go & work with Nigel in UK! I have told him Nigel is an engineer & works for a big company but they can’t comprehend this.

A couple of evenings they’ve come round with Lemonade biscuits & sunflower seeds & said “mnogo toplo outré studeno beira “ so I said “ Da us mese sedem chasa” Loosely translated & filled in means, it’s very hot tomorrow we will bring cold beer, yes & I will provide the food at 7 o’clock.This we did,on Friday & a great time was had by all. Now I don’t like beer but I drank it out of politeness, yes I have good manners my mother taught me well!
I made a salade from cucumber, pepper, tomato & lettuce all from the garden with some olives oil & vinegar dressing, I put out the pickled peppers & Gherkins I made last year. Hard boiled eggs which I dusted with paprika pepper & bread. I had also made a Bob just in case they were large eaters, you can never tell here & had a jar of my plum compote ready to serve.
While we were eating I heard them say the salade was very good & the word rakia, now Rakia goes well with salade so I went & got ours to serve with it. Our Rakia is very smooth as we have let it mature for 9 months, I can drink it neat but it’s also good with water so I went in to get some for Kamilla.. I filled a small individual jug with water for her Rakia forgetting the way they drink here. Bulgarians are very different to us & I forgot the way they do stuff. So kamilla drank the water from the jug! I didn't want her to feel silly so I went in to fill a large jug with water & on the way back out I fell, up the step through the doorin all sorts of directions & in very slow motion chucking the water all over me!!!! I smacked the fly screen door with my face putting my tooth through my lip & cutting it slightly on the outside, this was the most painful at the time after the embarrassment of it all I was drenched from head to foot but dried off as it was very warm, as the evening wore on it got funnier & funnier in my mind, quite spectacular in fact :D The next day was a different story as the bruising started to come out & the jarring of the body became more evident. Basically it was the left side of my body apart from my mouth which was the right???? All the aches & pains & bruising has settled now. The back of my hand was the worst though & still hurts today. The reason for this spectacular Minishka had chewed my flip flop & it decided to break! Oh it could have been so much worse!
I got to meet their new addition a baby karakachan pup, he is very beautiful so I had a little play & he went back home with Atanas chuntering something about Karakachan. Back they came next morning giggling between them while I busied myself getting tha cafe & putting out the choc wafers. They were chatting about their pup I thought & I gathered it has fleas & needed treating I said yep I would do it, well more like dad a & actions etc LOL. So they got all excited & off went Atanas & came back with a blue sack. He motioned for me to look inside & there was this adorable little pup!!! Getting her out she was crawling with fleas so much so they were dropping off her, so so so many! I gave her a good old puff & rubbed it in, I think she is too young I think but she was pretty poorly with it all & needs must! I asked who’s pup is she, well apparently She’s MINE!!! Oh dear!


So here we are again! Another little Newman, she was very scared & had the commando moves so I would have to catch her & then she would cry & shake really hard  She still sucks he milk & sticks her nose & mouth right in the milk to get it & she was so listless & just found a very narrow corner to squeeze herself into & stay quiet. She has moved on so much in such a short time  She has a mix now milk, bread soaked in milk & dry dog food soaked in warm water. She fills her belly runs around like a mad thing barks & growls while play fighting with me & Mini & runs to me for cuddles & greetings.

It really warms the heart to see such change in these pups!!!! Minishka is great but really worried me with her food aggression which she has learnt off Reggie  although Reg is ok with me its dogs well the pups to be precise & he nicks their food so she has had to do the whole warning thing. Then I saw what may be part of the problem, a huge tape worm hanging out of her bottom, urrrrghhhhh!!! So I gently pulled out what I could & had a worm tablet left so I cut it in 4 & gave the pups a piece each, well all I have done since is clean up puppy pooh with long worms in blahhhhhhgggggghhhhh! So they should be feeling a lot better soon! & thankfully they are poohing outside now. As you can see she shares the bone nicely now food well she still protects it from Reg :D
Sophie has been nicking sheep parts bones with rotting flesh attached ugh she bought back a leg bone a whole leg which they all took turns with. I only knew about it because Reggie growles & barks at bones :D quite a scary thing. Lets put it this way I wasn't going to take it from him! anyway they all ate this. Then that night she got herself a rather large head & ate the lot minus the teth which I found the next day ugh! The sound of crunching bone was quite disturbing ha. A couple of days later there was a rather unpleasant smell permeating the air, I couldn’t place it but when I took Reg down to the tree’s the next day he found it for me, Sophie had got another head but this was only half eaten & was stinking & disgusting! Well he was not letting it go so I left him to it till he got fed up then kicked it out of the way. The problem is Sophie eats these but instead of being good for her she gets a poorly tummy & goes off her food & starts being sick but there is not a lot I can do to stop her, she is obviously a scavenger!
Thank goodness Sophie has started to be kind to Kamishka up till now she has ignored her, so now we have two happy sparky little pups!

No comments:

Post a Comment